Hayes is Senior Vice President of The Carey Group LLC.
Prior to joining The Carey Group LLC, Mr. Hayes was Vice President of
Real Estate Development at the New York City Economic Development
Corporation (EDC). In his time at EDC (1994-2005), Mr. Hayes was
responsible for many of EDCís highest profile and largest projects,
including the development of office space and corporate parks, luxury as well as
affordable housing developments, cultural facility development, retail developments,
and a variety of community
development planning studies. (See specifics about Mr.
Hayesís past projects.)
At EDC, Mr. Hayes was responsible for the following:
Lead Real Estate Development Project Teams
- Coordinated multi-firm groups in project planning, negotiating,
designing, financing and presenting;
- Established and implemented strategies with elected officials,
lobbyists and civic groups to gain project support;
- Devised organizational structures and processes by which the
teams and groups function.
Created Public/Private Partnerships
- Built private and public sector relationships to foster economic
growth in New York City;
- Initiated and then structured development projects and
subsequent real estate transactions;
- Managed partnership projects with office, retail, industrial,
multi-family and/or mixed-use components.
- Researched feasibility of development opportunities; prepared,
wrote and issued Request For Proposals;
- Evaluated competing development proposals; wrote and orally
presented analysis and recommendations;
- Structured and negotiated contracts and leases; coordinated and
made required public presentations.
Mr. Hayes has professional degrees in real estate
development/architecture (Harvard University), landscape architecture
(Cornell University) and urban planning (Columbia University).
Stephen J. Hayes - List of Past Projects